Frequently Asked Questions
Who can enter:
MEFTECH Innovation Awards are open to banks and financial institutions from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – i.e. for projects, implementations, partnerships and other initiatives at/by banks and financial institutions.
These Awards are not for vendors’ products, they are for projects that might involve vendors’ products. The Awards entrants, winners and highly commended are banks/FIs, not vendors. Of course, wherever applicable, vendors and their products/input will be named and commended, and vendors are very welcome to attend the Awards ceremony.
Vendors, PR agencies, consultants and other industry participants can put an entry in on behalf of a bank or financial institution but must have prior approval from them.
More than one category may be entered for the same project/person/team.
Submitting an entry
- All entries must be written in English and submitted via our online form.
- All entries should be no longer than 1,000 words.
- Supporting material may be supplied, but your main entry of up to 1,000 words should include all information you deem necessary for your awards entry.
- The chairperson of the judging panel reserves the right to cast any deciding vote should the need arise. The verdict of the judging panel is final.
What information to submit
First and foremost, winning entries will be exceptional in their success. Innovative solutions to problems being faced in the industry are favoured and presenting tangible evidence of how the solution yielded financial/social/performance/etc. gain is even better.
All of our award winners will help shape the future direction of the industry.
So, the more detail you submit the better! We suggest including the following information:
- Dates of the overall project. All entries should be for the period of the last two years.
- The unique points of the project. What makes it different?
- Rationale for the project. Why was it undertaken, what were the reasons, drivers, pain points you needed to address?
- Results and performance metrics. What were the results? What benefits did the project bring and how were they measured?
- Project management; team size and mix; collaboration. How many people took part? What teams were involved? How were the responsibilities and tasks shared? How was the project managed and successful teamwork encouraged?
- Financial impact; return on investment (if applicable).
- Any other information, statistics, facts and figures etc. that you think will help us understand the project better!
The deadline to enter MEFTECH Innovation Awards has now passed. We will be announcing the shortlisted entries in early February 2019– watch this space!
We reserve the right to publish brief details of all shortlisted entries. This is an up to 800 words “entry synopsis” that is included on all entry forms.
The judging process
All qualifying entries are examined, discussed and voted on by the MEFTECH Innovation Awards judges.
To ensure the process is completely unbiased and objective, judges are not allowed to comment on, or vote for, entries from their own institutions.
The shortlists for all categories will be announced in early February 2019.
MEFTECH Innovation Awards 2019 will culminate in a fabulous awards ceremony on 25th February 2019 at a Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh.
Book a table
MEFTECH Innovation Awards will be the premier event recognising achievements of local banks and financial institutions for their impact across the Saudi Arabian FINTECH ecosystem.
The Awards will recognise the outstanding role of financial institutions in line with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s 2030 vision and honor companies and individuals who have supported forward momentum to advancement within the industry and sector.
The 2019 MEFTECH Innovation Awards will take place on 25 February 2019 at a Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh.
The event is a fantastic opportunity to network with new and existing clients and peers in an elegant setting.
Sponsors and partners
We are calling on the industry participants to become a sponsor or partner with us for the awards.
Or fill out this form and we’ll get back to you promptly: